Today marks the last day of January and 1 month passed in 2018. How is that possible?! Join me in looking at some new books added to the shelf, popular posts, and favorites from this month.
on the bookshelf
New books on the shelves (virtual and real): The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz, Blue Columbine by Jennifer Rodewald, The Lost Heiress by Roseanna M. White, “The Rock Harbor Collection” by Colleen Coble, and Nightshade by Ronie Kendig. ARCs: Amongst the Roses by Meghan M. Gorecki, A Refuge Assured by Jocelyn Green, Love in Three Quarter Time by Rachel McMillan, Unbreakable by Sara Ella, The Lost Castle by Kristy Cambron, The Heart Between Us by Lindsey Harrel, No One Ever Asked by Katie Ganshert, and The Cupcake Dilemma by Jennifer Rodewald.
on the blog
Most popular posts:
- Best of 2017
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top 13 New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2017
- First Line Fridays #9: The Saturday Night Supper Club
Most popular book reviews:
- Impossible Saints by Clarissa Harwood
- I’ll Be Yours by Jenny B. Jones
- “The Uncloaked” Trilogy by J. Rodes
on the screen
Oh, so many movies, so little time! Instead of waxing poetic about a movie or two, I’m just going to list some I’ve really enjoyed lately. What have YOU been watching?
- One Winter Weekend (Hallmark) |While not without its little moments of cheesiness, this one was 99% believable and one of the best of the winter themes. Plus, the leading actress, Taylor Cole, is a fav.
- Victoria, season 2 (on Masterpiece Classic, PBS) | My history and romance loving heart LOVES this series! It’s one of the best developed series I’ve ever seen, everything from the historical accuracy, gorgeous sets/costumes, the ❤ great cast, and the nuances of the supporting cast just works.
- 12 Strong (Warner Bros.) | Riveting and eye-opening, this depiction of true life events just after 9/11 makes me honored and proud to be an American.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Disney) | Yes, I’m a nerd. And a fan of the direction this movie took. #REYLO
- The Case for Christ (Pure Flix) | This biopic based on Lee Strobel’s life and journey from atheism to faith is interesting and faith-affirming. Go watch it.
around the web
If you’re still on the lookout for a reading challenge to complete this year, go check out Bethany House’s unique and quirky list.
Author Carla Laureano wrote an AWESOME guest post on the Seekerville blog all about The Care and Feeding of Authors. FYI, this list applies to bloggers, too. Just throw chocolate at us when we look like we need it.
YOUR TURN! Tell me all about your January in the comments.