It’s another Top Ten Tuesday, now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl!
Official topic: 10 Signs You’re a Book Lover
This week’s topic was SO FUN to play with! I’m guilty of most of these on my list…
10 Signs You’re a Book Lover
- A peek inside your purse (or bag) reveals a book (or two!) in progress… I’ve been known to carry around a paperback or an ebook device all the time, especially on road trips or vacations.
- Your TBR (to be read) pile has turned into a bookshelf all its own… or maybe it’s haphazardly scattered through the house. Or tracked on Goodreads. But at least YOU know which books you haven’t read and which ones you must-read-next!
- Your Amazon order history is 90% book related… Books. Notebooks in which to write about books. Ebooks. Books to gift all of your family and loved ones. Shelves and bags to house books.
- Random conversations or historical tidbits make you think about fictional characters... Someone mentions WWI spies? You think of Kate Breslin’s stories. Or a mention of the name Callum instantly causes all the feels and a need to visit TX (Jane of Austin by Hillary Manton Lodge).
- You have a pet named after a fictional character… OK, so I don’t have one named Darcy or Thornton or Oliver YET, but those names are on the future pet list!
- You have a dangerously high stack of books on your nightstand… and, like me, your mom has warned you about the stack falling on you while you sleep.
- You keep a spreadsheet on your computer with a list of books you’ve read, and a separate list sorted by historical eras… or maybe that’s just me. 😉
- Your friends and family gift you bookish things… like bookmarks, cookbooks, gift cards to your favorite bookstores, or that one novel you’ve been dying to get your hands on!
- Your favorite movies or series are adaptations of your favorite stories… like North & South, Emma, or maybe The Count of Monte Cristo and Jason Bourne are more your thing.
- You spend time making lists like this… ABOUT books!
Your turn! Did you participate in Top Ten Tuesday this week? Do you share any of these book-loving-signs with me? Drop a link in the comments!