Welcome to my annual “best-of” celebration! I’m changing it up a bit and separating the categories of my yearly best-of lists over a few days. All of this is to celebrate their distinction and spend a few more days talking about all the wonderful entertainment of 2018.
Day 1. Best of 2018: Novellas
Day 2. Best of 2018: Historical Books
Day 3. Best of 2018: Contemporary Books
Day 4. Goodbye 2018 & Looking Ahead
2018 has been quite the year. Personally, it has be joyous and bittersweet. I am glad for several things that happened in 2018, but I also am SO ready for a new year and the renewal and fresh start that comes with it.
Talking reading and entertainment, 2018 was a year of greatness. As I have outlined with my fav book posts so far, I have read some awesome stories. At last count, I read a total of 71 books, novellas, or short stories. I also surpassed my Goodreads challenge of reading 60. Here’s my “Year in Books” there!
2018’s Most Popular Blog Posts
- Favorite Quotes from “Persuasion” by Jane Austen
- Best of 2017
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Best On-Screen Rom-Com Couples
- How-To: Solar Dyed Yarn Project (With Kool-Aid!)
- Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Novels with the Most Unique Settings
- Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR + Mood Reads
- Top Ten Tuesday: 11 Characters Who Would Make Great Leaders of a Camping Trip
- Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Reads & My TBR
2018’s Most Popular Reviews
- I’ll Be Yours by Jenny B. Jones
- Impossible Saints by Clarissa Harwood
- Love in Three Quarter Time by Rachel McMillan
- Murder at the Flamingo by Rachel McMillan
- Rose in Three Quarter Time by Rachel McMillan
- The Butterfly and the Violin by Kristy Cambron
- The Cupcake Dilemma by Jennifer Rodewald
- “Whole Heart” Music Album by Passion Music
Looking ahead to 2019, I am anticipating several new book (and movie!) releases. A few of the ones I’m most excited about are listed below. (and I’m likely to forget one or two, so consider this a partial list).
Do YOU have any New Year’s resolutions? Do you set a reading goal for the year?
Just finished A Bound Heart. It’s AMAZING!
Ahhh I’m reading that very soon!
I have decided to read more Christian fiction this year. My goal is 2 per month as well as other books.
That’s a great goal!!!! Mine is probably the opposite… I don’t want to read less Christian fiction, but I do want to read more books from other genres I have on my TBR list. Happy reading!
Pingback: Best of 2018: Novellas – The Green Mockingbird
Pingback: Best of 2018: Historical Books – The Green Mockingbird
Pingback: Best of 2018: Contemporary Books – The Green Mockingbird
Kara’s and Becky’s are high on my “must-read” list, and I still need to play catch up on Rachel’s historical novels so I can read her upcoming release! Hope 2019 is an amazing year for you, friend. 🙂