Thanks to Rissi for sharing this fun Christmas Book Tag! Head over to her blog post or BookTube channel for her tag.
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
I could refer you to my recent Top Ten Tuesday post all about this, but I’ll just mention ONE. The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?
Pepper Basham. Every. Single. Time.
3) Gingerbread Houses | What book or series has wonderful world building?
Ooh! Anything by Lori Benton. Most recently, Many Sparrows. Her attention to historical details simply transport the reader to the wilds of the frontier.
4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read.
That’s easy. Persuasion by Jane Austen and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell are two favorites.
5) Christmas Sweets | What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
Hmm. My Christmas list consists of the “Discarded Heroes” series by Ronie Kendig, specifically the recent re-releases: Nightshade and Digitalis.
6) Candles in the Window | What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling?
How about a Christmas title for this one? Enchanted: A Christmas Collection by Melissa Tagg.
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
I’m a bit obsessed with book covers. A few recent and upcoming favorites would have to be:
Sons of Blackbird Mountain by Joanne Bischof (2018), Just Let Go by Courtney Walsh (2018), Can’t Help Falling by Kara Isaac, Like Never Before by Melissa Tagg, Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey, Jane of Austin by Hillary Manton Lodge.
8) Christmas Joy | What are some of your favorite things about Christmas and/or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
Combined good food and family time! My Christmas Eve tradition of going to my grandma’s house for dinner is a favorite. As my family has grown with new cousins and second cousins, it’s even more fun. Watching the youngest kids all open their gifts is the most fun! And, there’s something cozy about eating a traditional Christmas meal (ham, turkey, potatoes of all kinds, pie, etc.).
This tag was created by Samantha at Novels and Nonsense. The original video was posted on her YouTube channel on November 23rd, 2015.
Your turn!!!! What would your answers be to these prompts? Join in the tag fun!
Courtney, I love you more than words right now. (and I’m a writer, speech-pathologist, AND southerner. You should realize how much love that means)
Oh that’s so sweet! I have a good idea of what that means because I love words, too! 😄❤
Pingback: December (& 2017) Happenings – The Green Mockingbird