It’s another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
The official prompt is Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book. I decided to spin this to apply to particular books instead of “making-me-want-to-read” situations, like rainy days on the porch or cozy days by the fire. Because I read mainly inspirational or Christian fiction, my instantly-want-to-read books would be within those parameters. This list is a little bit thrown together, so I’m not going into as much detail as I could about it. For instance, I could talk about # 1, 3, 5, and 9 for a looooong time.
Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book
- good reviews from blogger friends – the books I keep hearing about, high praise from #bookbesties, etc. You know who you are.
- endorsements or recommendations from favorite authors. These DO matter!
- favorite authors… new books are #mustreads! This must-read-author list keeps growing every year. *happy sigh*
- indie books from fav authors. A bold move like self-publishing deserves a chance… and often promises a pleasantly different type story. Favorites that come to mind are Told You So by Kristen Heitzmann, The Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof, and Just the Way You Are by Pepper Basham.
- a unique premise or setting – or a premise related to cooking. Let’s just face it: I’m a food-aholic.
- gorgeous covers – because sometimes it’s all about that instant cover appeal
- books from favorite publishers
- almost anything infused with classic literature. Katherine Reay, I’m talking about YOU!
- similar to number 8, story retellings: like P&P, Beauty and the Beast, My Fair Lady, etc.
- an era I love – favorites including any time around the Revolutionary War in America, WWII, or post-Civil War American west.
That’s it for my list! What things make YOU instantly want to read a book? Do share your TTT posts or thoughts!